Keto Recipe: Sous Vide Barbecue Pork Chops with BBQ Sauce
Pork Chops, BBQ, & Coleslaw sounds like a perfect summer afternoon. If for some reason you were not grilling the pork and cooking it in a sous vide instead. We won't judge you. You do your thing.
Grilling, of course, remains an option. Do everything below the same, except for step 3, plop these bad boys on the grill for a few minutes. Sizzle and serve.There you go! Quick and easy keto pork chops.
Pork Chop Ingredients
- 2 LB boneless pork chops (~6 pork chops)
- Trader Joes BBQ rub and seasoning with coffee & garlic
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 2 TB Lard
- 2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
From Mariah Emmerich
- 1/4 cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 15 oz organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mesquite liquid smoke
We also like the Keto-Friendly BBQ Sauce Recipe from Ruled.Me
- Rub pork chops with olive oil and liberally season with Trader Joes BBQ rub and seasoning with coffee & garlic.
- Place in sous-vide bags and let marinate for at least an hour.
- Sous vide at 140*F for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 TB lard in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, and add chopped onion. Once a bit glazed but not completely cooked, move onions to the side of the pan and add the pork chops. Top with salt and pepper then sear for 3 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops to a plate and combine the rest of the sauce ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Top pork chops with desired amount of sauce and enjoy alongside keto-friendly coleslaw.
- Protein 34.7g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 1.4g
- Net Carbs 7.6g
- Fat 14g