Keto Recipe: Sous Vide Beef & Broccoli
Here's a keto chinese food dish for you! Beef and Broccoli is a staple among healthy dieters, but if we know anything - and we do - we're not to blindly trust the food industry, MSG might just be the tip of the iceberg for all we know. Honestly, this is even better than what you can get delivered (aside from the convenience of delivery) because the meat will have the mouthfeel of meat, not the rubber of the tire on the vehicle that carried the meal over.
This has everything to do with preparing the beef in the sous vide... Ok, so these don't need to be cooked in a sous vide, but let's be honest. If you've ever used a sous vide to cook your keto ground beef, steak, pork, chicken, or any other meat, you know it's just better this way!
If you don't know, sous vide is a cheat code for uber tender meats. It's basically like poaching. You could still bake or pan fry or grill, if you prefer.
- 2 LB steak bites
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1/4 Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 TB sriracha sauce
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 2 organic broccoli crowns
- 3 TB coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TB sesame seed
- Marinate beef overnight with the beef & marinade ingredients in silicone or ziplock bags.
- Keeping the beef in its marinade. Sous vide at 130° for 1 hour.
- While beef is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop broccoli crowns into smaller pieces. Rinse, then toss with coconut oil, spices, and sesame seeds.
- Place onto parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 min or until desired roast level.
- Once beef is done, add to a wok or large pan and cook over medium until outside is browned and sauce has thickened - about 5-6 minutes. Serve with broccoli and enjoy!
For 1/4 recipe
Net Carbs 5.7g